See Goldenseal and Ginseng in a forest environment as the plants go down for the fall. We will explore a rich Appalachian cove where these plants live and then hunt the ginseng berries. The berries will be eaten for their medicinal benefits and the seeds will be placed in a stratification box for a year.
The cultivation of native medicinal plants as a new business opportunity will be mentioned. New marketing strategies and organizations will be highlighted.
Robert is Land Steward of Eagle Feather Organic Farm, and owner of the North Carolina Ginseng and Goldenseal Company. He has written two booklets on growing ginseng and goldenseal in a chemical free environment. He has also produced a video, “Growing Goldenseal,” which is available for purchase.
* Dividing and separating Goldenseal rhizomes for fall planting.
* Discussing stratification procedures for Ginseng.
* Making and planting a seed bed for Ginseng.
* Learn the history of American Ginseng and Goldenseal.
* Option to view “How to Grow Goldenseal” a 27 minute video.
Workshop will be held on Sunday, September 3
from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM at Eagle Feather Organic Farm
300 Indigo Bunting Lane, Marshall, NC 28753
Cost: $80 per person
Call Robert at (828) 649-3536 to register or with questions.
No Dogs Allowed ~ Carpooling is Encouraged ~ Limit 20
Directions and more information at www.ncgoldenseal.com